I've always wanted to make Cinnamon Rolls.. Unfortunately I don't have enough space in my tiny little student flat kitchen. So when I saw Joy's Cinnamon Roll Muffins I decided to try it out! They're way easier to make than actual cinnamon rolls (i.e. Cheat!) and so so yumm.. I swallowed 29382937297 before I had to force it on everyone else or risk becoming obese.
I can tell they'll be good..Boiling brown sugar hot from the oven.. I have to confess I burnt my tongue because I was too greedy, but it was worth it XD
Here's the recipe and the link:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp active dry or rapid rise yeast
- 2/3 cup warm milk (100-110F; low fat is fine)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground cardamom
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tbsp milk or cream
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Dissolve the yeast in a measuring cup filled with the warmed milk, then stir milk mixture, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and egg into the flour mixture. Mix well, until very smooth. Pour into prepared pan and let rest for 15 minutes.
- While the dough rests, mix together butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and cardamom in a small bowl using a fork until all the butter has been incorporated into the sugar and mixture is crumbly. Divide the batter between 12 greased muffin cups. Sprinkle evenly on top of rested dough and press the mixture down into the dough with your fingertips (or swirl in with a spatula.)
- Place pan into a cold oven, then set the oven temperature to 350F.Bake for about 20 minutes, until bread is lightly browned at the edges and the center of the bread springs back when lightly pressed. Some of the sugar mixture on top may still be bubbling.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before whisking the powdered sugar and milk together to form an icing and drizzling it onto the bread.Serve warm. Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave.