Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Perfect Cheese Snack

Recently I have had this obsession with eating cheesy things and this prompted me to try out some recipes. One thing that caught my eye was Brazilian Cheese Puffs.. Brazilian Cheese Puffs! Doesn't it just make you wonder if they are as yummy as the men?? Okay, maybe the women, cos they're even hotter =X

Here are the said cheese puffs. I find them really delicious, especially when they come out steaming hot from the oven and are still gooey in the middle. The exterior is crunchy, which makes it almost seem like a home-made Cheezel.. Mmmm... John thought they were not cheesy enough, but I thought they were just right!
The other day I sent the boyfriend out to buy pie pastry, because I wanted to make a pie. Guess what? He bought the wrong pastry. While looking for something to do with the pastry, I decided just to make something up. Here are the results.

Okay, so I am not so good at twisting them yet, they're kind of fugly =X (Wow Trix told me her sis said they look like penises.. If they did, they'd be mutilated ones =X)


These are pretty good as well, especially the rolls. I left the cheesesticks out in the living room and within seconds they were gone so the verdict is a yes! Haha! I love my flatmates, they are so supportive of everything I bake/cook =)

I think next time I will improve it by maybe adding some herbs and stuff, will update when I do!


Both the recipes are below, feel free to give them a try! =)


Brazilian Cheese Puffs (From All Recipes) *link*

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup tapioca starch
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese

Directions

  1. Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
  2. Combine the canola oil, water, and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Place the tapioca starch in a metal bowl; pour the oil and water mixture over the tapioca; mix thoroughly. Beat in the egg. Stir in the yogurt, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Pour the mixture into mini-muffin tins.
  3. Place on middle rack of the preheated oven. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake until slightly golden, 25 to 30 minutes.



Here is the Cheese Roll Recipe that I made up XD

Ingredients
  • 1 pack of ready made rolled puff pastry
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 egg white

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius
  2. Mix the cheese and pepper
  3. Unroll pastry, brush with the egg white
  4. Press cheese on top of the pastry so that it sticks
  5. Cut them into 1 inch sections and roll/twist as you like
  6. Place them on a baking tray and bake for about 15 minutes and remove from the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment