Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ratatouille

I was really attracted to this dish because of its traffic light colours! And also because it was vegetarian and it would make me feel better about stuffing my face at dinner =X This is a minor adaptation of Smitten Kitchen's *Ratatouille* .It came out so delicious even my steak-loving boyfriend liked it =D
What the hell is a yellow squash? They didn't have any so I bought a butternut pumpkin because it was very cute.. Mmm.. Oven-baked pumpkin.. So soft and sweet..
I used pasta sauce instead of tomato puree for this one. So you pour it in your dish along with onions, garlic, salt, pepper and crushed chillies.
And then line the thinly sliced vegetables up prettily. I think Smitten Kitchen used the word, concentrically. I prefer prettily =P My veges aren't as thinly sliced because I did them manually. It took me almost an hour *_* Stupid pumpkin was so hard to slice! I thought it was worth it when I was eating though =)
Okay this is not a Gregg's advert. I sprinkled Parmesan Cheese on top, which was not in the original recipe.
After 50 minutes in the oven, it looks like this!
Ate it on Wholemeal bread and with a dollop of cheese, but you can eat it with rice or just by itself =)

No comments:

Post a Comment