Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Avocado Toast

I'm back.. with more avocados! =D


So I saw this post the other day and thought I'd give it a try. Olive oil and avocados, how much healthier can you get right? My mama would be proud!

So first you scrape the avocado flesh into a large bowl. I bought organic avocados and they're a little smaller so I used two. For two people and four slices of bread.
Mash them up with a fork. Pre-breakfast workout right there for ya.
Realise you don't have enough avocados to go around and cut another one open.
Season with salt and pepper and juice from half a lemon. All to suit your taste really. Avocado + Lemons = Love.
Take out your bread. I'm using Wholemeal. Funny, I love John bread with lots of grain in them, and John likes white bread (yuck) so Wholemeal is really a good compromise, no yucky unhealthiness yet no "grains stuck in your teeth" according to John.
Drizzle with Olive Oil
Toast. You can use a toaster. Our landlord is stingy has yet to replace ours.
Spread avocado mash on top and sprinkle with crushed chillies. I love the crushed chillies. Gives the toast a 'kick', a step up from the usual.
Enjoy. Omnomnomnom. Ended up being full after one slice but gobbled it up anyway.

Here's one more avocado picture for you =P Okthxbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment