Nevertheless, it was still so good that John and i finished like 4 servings at one go! =X Thanks Sreekari!
I also made a Cherry Pudding over the weekend for a potluck, and it was a success! Everyone said they loved the texture. I cut down on the sugar that was called for in the recipe, which made it sour yet sweet at the same time.
I also used less cherry juice than the recipe simply because my baking tin was too small. I reckon if you ate it warm with ice cream it would be... heaven... *_* Below is the recipe I found on AllRecipes. =)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup white sugar (Less less less!)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups pitted sour cherries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups cherry juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 10x10-inch baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and 1 cup sugar; stir. Add butter, milk and vanilla; beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes, or until smooth. Pour mixture into pan and cover evenly with cherries.
- Heat cherry juice in microwave or in small saucepan, until just simmering. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of sugar over cherries, and pour hot cherry juice on top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
I really should rename my blog "This Is Why I Am Not Thin" =X