Thursday, September 30, 2010

Vanilla Yoghurt Cake

So this evening, I had some extra yogurt left over from my previous culinary adventure, and I decided to look for a cake recipe with yogurt in it. I failed to find a suitable one, either I didn't have lemons, or strawberries or some other thing, so I decided to make up things as I went along and tweak an easy recipe I found on All Recipes. I turned it into a Vanilla Yogurt Cake =D After I put it in the oven, I decided it might be a bit plain to eat vanilla cake, and I was too lazy to make icing, so I sprinkled tonnes of chocolate chips on top. The cake came out delicious and moist and the chocolate chips really complemented the cake. Noms!


Here is the recipe that I made up lol:

  • 3/4 cups butter
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 1/4 flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 8 ounces yogurt (I used plain unsweetened yogurt. I guess you can cut down on the sugar if you're using a sweetened one?)
  1. Preheat oven to 165 degrees celcius. Grease your cake tin!
  2. Sift the flour, salt and baking soda in a medium sized bowl.
  3. In a larger mixing bowl, cream the margerine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat the eggs in one at a time, then the vanilla extract, then the flour mixture and lastly the yoghurt. Don't over-mix.
  4. Ouuuuu sprinkle chocolate chips on top or mix it into the batter!! I recommend the latter =D
  5. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 55-60 mins.

Easy! =D


If I had to change anything about what I did, I would add chocolate chips into the batter instead of sprinkled on top! Or put it in a bread tin so that I can spread nutella on it. Nomnom! Yes, this is why I'm not thin.

4 comments:

  1. Sharin this looks amazing! I'm going to write it down and try it one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Flavia! =) Yea it's super easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ZOMG IT'S SO GOOD! I made it just this evening, and it's absolutely amazing! As it is, I'm struggling to keep the whole thing from disappearing - my boyfriend wants to eat half of it :S

    Thanks so much for the recipe! :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same hahaha! John and I ended up sitting at the kitchen table stuffing our faces with cake XD So glad you liked it! =D

    ReplyDelete