Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chicken with Lee Kum Kee Plum Sauce

So for dinner I tried out this recipe on Angie's Recipes(Awesome site, you should check out all her lovely recipes!) I bought some Lee Kum Kee Plum Sauce at a closing down sale of an Asian Grocery a few weeks ago, even though I had no use for it. Yes, if I see the word sale, I will buy anything =P When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it!

No regrets there because it was delicious! If you are up for sticky sweet caramelised goodness, you should make this dish! =D Okay. I just realised my last 239232 sentences had exclamation marks in them. Yes, it makes me this excited =X
It tastes just like something you would have at an authentic Chinese restaurant. Oh it was so good that I wish I had cooked more =X Here is the recipe from her website:


Ingredients:
  • 200 g Chicken breast
  • 1/3 tsp Salt
  • 1/5 tsp Chicken bouillon
  • 60 g Cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp Baking soda
  • 1/2 Egg
  • Some water
  • 1 tsp Minced garlic
  • 1 tsp Sesame seeds
Sauce
  • 2 tbsp Sweet plum sauce
  • 30 ml Water
  • 1 tbsp Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp White vinegar
  • 1/5 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Cornstarch
1.Cut the chicken breast into 2cm dices, marinate with the salt and chicken bouillon and set aside for 15 minutes. Combine the cornstarch and baking soda, add in egg and some water to make a thick batter.
2.Heat up a wok with enough oil until hot. Dip the diced chicken into the batter. Shake off the extra batter and deep-dry the chicken for 2 minutes. Scoop out and drain. Return the chicken to the wok and deep-fry until very crispy.
3.Fill another skillet with a little of oil, add in garlic and stir until fragrant. Combine all the sauce ingredients and add into the skillet. Return the fried chicken to the skillet and stir until the chicken are completely coated with the sauce. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle some sesame seeds over.

No comments:

Post a Comment