Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

Light, fluffy, lemon.. pancakes! Mmm... Why is it so fluffy? Well, like the Austrian Pancakes that I made before, I had to beat the egg whites separately till they were white and fluffy and then fold it into the batter. Made this for brunch the other day but I only have time to share it now. Btw, I just finished my exams today =D Freedommmmmm!!
This is all you need to go to pancake heaven. I'm serious.
You mix the egg yolk, lemon zest, flour, sugar vigorously with a fork. As usual this is the part when I lie to myself that my arm is getting a workout =P
Whisk the egg whites then fold it into the batter, and then fry with butter.
I did not have strawberries so I made a lemon glaze with few drops of lemon juice and icing sugar. Pretty good =)
I love how light, delicious and moist this is because it does not have much flour =)

The recipe which I found here is below


  • 4 eggs, separated
  • 1 tub (250 grams) or 1 cup (250 ml) ricotta cheese
  • 3 tbsp (50 ml) sugar
  • ½cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
  • zest of one lemon
  • 2 tbsp (25 ml) butter
  • 2 cups (500 ml) strawberries, diced
  • sugar to taste

In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks, ricotta cheese, sugar, flour and lemon zest.

In another bowl, whip egg whites with a mixer until glossy peaks form. Stir about one-quarter of the whites into the ricotta mixture, then fold in the remaining whites gently.

Melt butter in pan over medium heat, drop batter on using small ladle or large spoon. I used a ¼-cup (50-ml) measure.) Flatten slightly, then let cook for about two minutes per side until lightly browned. Top with macerated strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment