Sunday, August 19, 2012

Antipodes: Product Review


I have been using Antipodes after discovering it at their boutique shop at Wellington Airport two weeks ago and I am loving it!

The products that I purchased were:


Grapeseed Butter Cleanser
Ananda Antioxidant Rich Gentle Toner
Organic Avocado Oil and Rosehip
Hosanna H2O Skin Plumping Serum
Rejoice Light Facial Day Cream


Grapeseed Butter Cleanser

The Grapeseed butter cleaner is my favourite product among the lot. Did not think that an oil cleanser would be able to clean my skin so thoroughly. The texture, although solid at first, becomes silky as it warms to my skin and then melts right in. After wiping it off with a warm wet face cloth (which helps exfoliate too), my skin feels supple and refreshingly clean! I love how it does not leave my skin dried out like most cleansers do. Helps that it smells like you're in a spa too!

Ananda Antioxidant Rich Gentle Toner

This product works great to calm my irritated skin. After using this for a week, I have not had any breakouts =D I have to tell you that I have the most annoying skin type. Although it is smooth and looks great in photos, it is very sensitive, and things like late nights, stress and even travelling causes it to break out. This toner has really helped minimize this :)

Hosanna H2O Skin Pumping Serum

This product is good, but for me, was nothing to call home about, which is surprising, given all the raving reviews it has received in magazines. 

Organic Avocado Oil and Rosehip

Oil loves oil. Interesting concept for me. I've always stayed away from oil based products because I thought that they would make me break out. The avocado oil works great though, and only three or four drops is enough for my face. The oil keeps my skin moisturized throughout the night and I wake up with dewy and supple skin. Antipodes has made me a Face Oil convert!

Rejoice Light Facial Day Cream

A little goes a long way with the Rejoice Light Facial Day Cream. A pea-sized amount can keep my skin moisturized all day. It has a very matte feel, and does not get greasy at the end of the day. 

Final thoughts
Price-wise, I would say that Antipodes is affordable, given that my old skincare costs 3 times more. After using it for a week, the surface of my skin is stronger, calmer and I have not had a breakout yet! I love that something so natural can clean my skin so well and smell so good. Also love that it is New Zealand skincare, with ingredients sourced locally and products made here as well. Would recommend Antipodes to anyone with sensitive skin like mine :)

I'd really like to try their eye cream next! 

2 comments:

  1. Really want to try antipodes out, were the staff at the airport store helpful? Maybe i should go in and get some advice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon,

    Yea they were pretty friendly and knowledgeable about their products. You should check it out :)

    ReplyDelete