Friday, March 4, 2011

Potato Croquettes

Mmmmm potato croquettes.. When I was out with the girls, I got inspired to make them because S ordered potato croquettes and they looked mouth watering.. After trawling the internet for a recipe to try, I came upon this. Doesn't it make you just want to eat the screen? Okay, maybe I am just greedy. Nevertheless, I decided to try it on my own =)

So you mash the potatoes. I didn't boil the potatoes. John microwaved them after peeling them and they were nice and cooked. It's Jamie Oliver's method. Hey, if it's good enough for Jamie Oliver, it's good enough for us!


Then you add the parsley, parmesan and the eggs. Flour your hands a little and then shape them into little rolls.
Press some cheese into the centre like so. I just noticed I have fat fingers.
Dunk the in egg and coat with some homemade breadcrumbs.
Fry until golden... (I shallow fried cos obviously don't have a deep fryer in my house) Go up close, admire the tiny crispy golden breadcrumbs that envelope the delicious cheesy centre.. and devour.

These were delicious! Especially when you bite into the cheesy core of the croquettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment