Which is why when I saw green tea powder at the local Asian mart, I pounced on it like a lion catching its prey. Ok. No not really. I realised that green tea powder is freaking expensive. NZD19 a pack! But then I bought it anyway.
I learnt how to make the cheesecake base here. So you crush the digestive biscuits in a ziplock bag.
This is really fun for angry people. *bam bam bam* until it's all crushed.
Mix in butter, cocoa powder and brown sugar.
Press into the cake tin and refrigerate while you make the green tea cheesecake batter.
Pour the batter into the tin.
Make it look sort of pretty with a spatula. Bake for 20 minutes at 175 C then remove and refrigerate for more than an hour.
Sprinkle some more green tea powder on top or decorate it however you like =)
I modified the green tea cheesecake recipe from here and the earlier digestives crust recipe. Below is my modification.
- 750g cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp green tea powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Lemon juice
For the cheesecake base
- One packet of digestives (250g)
- 100g butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Put digestive biscuits in a ziplock bag and smash them up until they become crumbs. Place them in a large bowl and all melted butter, brown sugar and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Press the mixture well into your greased cake tin. Refrigerate until the batter is ready.
- Preheat oven to 175 C. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until it turns smooth. It will be easier if you let the cream cheese soften first.
- Next, mix in the green tea powder, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract until lightly and creamy. And then, pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes then remove and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
As you can see, it's really easy to make =) And super delicious too =) I also made a Lemon Green Tea Marble Pound Cake which is coming up soon!