Monday, February 28, 2011

Spinach Gnocchi

Gnocchi, everyone is talking about it. When I saw this recipe, I really wanted to try it because it seemed like a nice twist from the usual gnocchi and also because of the beautiful colours!
I made breadcrumbs with John's homemade bread. No food processor so I did it manually with a grater. I workout before i eat yo!
Steam the spinach. It's amazing how 10 oz of spinach is reduced to this after steaming *_*
Mix spinach, breadcrumbs, flour, some cheese, egg and salt into a bowl. Then flour your hands and shape them into little balls. Place 1-2 at a time into a pot of simmering water using a strainer for about 2 minutes and walaaaaa!
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle some cheese on top and you're in heaven. They are so flavourful just on their own. Mmm I could eat this all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment