Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Savoury Cheese Bread

Okay. No more emo shit. Today I am going to share with you a recipe I came up with, while tweaking another recipe I found online.


Here's what you need:

- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cups sugar (You could cut down on this if you want to)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used Edam because it's apparently lower in fat? According to my health conscious friend Cherlyn =P)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cups oil
- Italian Herbs

1. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celcius and grease the bread tin
2. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cheese in a bowl
3. In another bowl, mix the egg, milk and oil well
4. Pour mixture from #2 into #3 and stir it
5. Pour in Italian Herbs and mix well. You can use as much as you want really but not too much!
6. Pour the batter into your bread tin
7. Bake for 35 minutes

Oh, I sprinkled more cheese on top while it was halfway done. Why? I don't know really. Just because I like cheese?

It's real yummy and you can taste strings of melted cheese as you are biting into your bread. Omnomnomnom. It's quick and easy for when you have that craving for cheeseeeee.

If you want, you could also add in some ham or bacon as an option.. I might just try it next time =)

If you would like to make it a sweet bread instead of a savoury one, just don't add the Italian Herbs, cut down on salt and add more sugar. Easy!

1 comment:

  1. ooo o_O I tried this!!! with less sugar. Its delicious =D

    ReplyDelete