Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Moeraki Boulders

First up we visit the Moeraki Boulders! My friend Trina said it is a must visit for her because it is the picture on her BNZ card and she can't leave NZ without seeing it at least once.

The Moeraki Boulders are world-famous, and a lot of people from all around the world flock here to see it. I have seen a lot of breathtaking photos taken at this site.


So Moeraki town is... small. That's the only word I can use to describe it. It is quite a long way off from the boulders.. We stopped by to looked for an ATM and were quite shocked to find only a few houses and 2 restaurants. That did not stop us from camwhoring though =)
To enter the beach, there is a $2 donation. We stuffed a few bucks down into the box and went on our way..
To be honest, I was expecting more from this place, after seeing so many amazing photos! I guess we arrived at the wrong time (About midday) My guess is that it's prettier in the evening.

Here are some pics that I took with my big ass cam.




Hope you liked them =) Will post some pictures of Oamaru next!

No comments:

Post a Comment